[spambayes-dev] Bug Report

From Concept To Reality, L.L.C. fctr at nac.net
Mon Feb 28 16:48:25 CET 2005

Greetings:

I've found a reproducible (and serious) bug in the SPAMBayes
Windows version of the POP3PROXY. The failure occurs in the service
EXE as well as the standalone executable.

Step to recreate the problem:
* Start SPAMBayes POP3PROXY(service or standalone)
* Using a dialup (or otherwise slow connection), connect to the
internet.
* Start downloading a HUGE file using Firefox (or any other
browser)
* Run your email client

What seems to happen is:
* Email client connects to POP3PROXY
* POP3PROXY tries to connect to proxied mail server
* POP3PROXY goes into an infinite loop, FILLING up it's log file
with the same error message and the CPU usage goes to 100%.

Sadly this is not 100% reproducible on my machine, but given enough
time (an hour or so), this is guaranteed to happen.

I'm not a Python programmer, so I wouldn't know where to start
debugging. Suggestions?

Sincerely,
Andrew Burns
| From Concept To Reality, LLC. |