[spambayes-dev] Bug Report

Kenny Pitt kenny.pitt at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 21:20:34 CET 2005

Skip Montanaro wrote:
>     Andrew> What seems to happen is:
>     Andrew> * Email client connects to POP3PROXY
>     Andrew> * POP3PROXY tries to connect to proxied mail server
>     Andrew> * POP3PROXY goes into an infinite loop, FILLING up it's log
file
>     Andrew> with the same error message and the CPU usage goes to 100%.
>
> Can you give us a short sample of the log file error messages you see?

There are times when Outlook's URL handling just really annoys me! <0.5
wink>  Here's the completed version of the response that got sent before I
was done with it:

This is a known problem.  See bug #1113863 and bug #1145057:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=61702&atid=498103&func=detail&aid=1
113863
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=61702&atid=498103&func=detail&aid=1
145057

>From Tony's response to bug #1145057:
"""
Changes have been made for 1.1 that limit the number of
times identical errors are recorded, which will help those
that continually get the same error (people that try to
connect when the server is unavailable, for example).
"""

Tony's fix makes it so that each distinct connection error is only logged
once per hour.

--
Kenny Pitt