[spambayes-dev] SpamBayes i18n

Tony Meyer ta-meyer at ihug.co.nz
Sun Jan 2 06:13:58 CET 2005

An update on the SpamBayes i18n progress:

 1.  I've checked in the changes to the main spambayes code to work with
gettext.  I haven't extensively checked this, so there may be bits that need
work.  I haven't made any change to the loading of the translation manager,
so it'll still be currently looking for an outlook_addin.mo file.

(As an aside: I think maybe one large messages.po file may be best - as time
progresses the overlap between the web interface and the Outlook plug-in
grows, and so most messages need to be translated for both, even though
that's a lot of work).

 2.  I've written up a "how to translate" section in README-DEVEL.txt.  I
think everything in there is correct, but I haven't really actually done any
translation work, so there may be errors.  It would be great if people
interested in doing translations could work through the steps outlined and
let me know if there are problems/mistakes.

<http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/*checkout*/spambayes/spambayes/README
-DEVEL.txt?rev=1.17>

(The link will work once anonymous CVS catches up).

Thanks again to everyone that is willing to help with this effort!

=Tony.Meyer