[spambayes-dev] My Humble Thanks To You

Greg g12__ at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 24 16:48:18 CEST 2006

Guys,

I run a small corporate network with around 100 e-mail users.  We've been using Sophos PureMessage as an anti-SPAM solution, but it doesn't work very well.  It's just too simplistic and easy for the spammers to work around.

After some online research I decided to give SpamBayes a go.  I downloaded the Outlook plugin but didn't know what to expect.  I don't get any SPAM, but I have access to all the e-mail inboxes and can see that some users get around 50-60 per day, so I was pleased when I discovered I could get the plug-in to look at any folder I had access to !!

I trialled it on 4 users, 2 who get heavy amounts of SPAM and 2 who get light amounts.  Day 1, I had to go through a lot of e-mail and tell it what was SPAM and what was HAM.  Day 2, I only had to tell it about a few.  Day 3, I think there was 1.  Day 4, well....  you get the picture.

The users were delighted.  They think I am a god now!!  I now have the plug-in filtering every Inbox on the system and it doesn't miss a beat.  We, at last, have a clean e-mail system.  And the truth is that you guys are gods!  My thanks for all your efforts.  This has made everyone's work life here much easier.

Greg.