[spambayes-dev] [Spambayes] Images of commercial text with decoy text are mushing my index

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Fri Dec 29 12:31:14 CET 2006

    Jamie> I am being assaulted by a new sort of spam where the commercial
    Jamie> message is contained in an image, and the text of the message is
    Jamie> just there as a decoy ...

The current alpha of SpamBayes has some OCR capability to deal with this.
We've yet to make an official release.  Mark Hammond was working with it a
week or so ago and seemed to think it was working for him on Windows.  I
developed the new code in a Unix (actually MacOSX) environment, so once Mark
is satisfied perhaps we can turn the knobs on an official release.

--
Skip Montanaro - skip at pobox.com - http://www.mojam.com/
"The hippies and the hipsters did some great stuff in the sixties,