[spambayes-dev] SpamBayes programming consultant needed

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Sat Jul 22 10:28:16 CEST 2006

> We are looking for a consultant to write an interface between
> SpamBayes and an e-mail client written in C.  This interface should
> do filtering, which will consist of adding the X-Spambayes-
> Classification tag to the header of the mail body, and should do
> training. Ideally, you would make a COM with SpamBayes, having
> those interface functions for filtering (actually scanning) and
> training.

I hesitate in saying this, because I don't want to take work away
from anyone, but there's not much to be done here, unless the COM
server is a requirement.

You can use either sb_bnfilter (the distribution includes a C version
as well as a pure-Python one) with sb_bnserver.py or
sb_xmlrpcserver.py to do this (using any C xmlrpc library, or
manually crafting the xml and handling the socket connection).

If Python won't be available, then a simple py2exe script can create
binaries of these.

If a COM server is a requirement, then there is work to be done,
although it's basically all work on creating the COM server (under a
dozen lines of Python - plus the existing SpamBayes package - can do
all the rest).

=Tony.Meyer