[spambayes-dev] SpamBayes appearance in NetGuide (NZ Magazine)

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon Mar 27 05:59:07 CEST 2006

Just a FYI for anyone interested:

A friend pointed out to me the other day that SpamBayes was featured
in NetGuide, which is probably the most well-known magazine of its
type in New Zealand.  I don't normally get it (it's very newbie
stuff), but got a copy of this issue (#109, April 2006).

One of the cover stories is a five-page article "How to kill spam
with two free filters: out, damned spam!)".  It talks about
Thunderbird's built-in filtering and the SpamBayes Outlook plug-in
(which is also on the included CD).  It doesn't really review either,
concentrating on "how to" guides for each (the implication is that
these are the two best options, I suppose, rather than the others
included on the CD and not mentioned in the article).

Now that we've got some fame in New Zealand, there's no stopping us
<wink>.  Maybe I should hurry up on the oft-promised 1.1a2 :)

=Tony.Meyer