[spambayes-dev] [Spambayes] Unwanted stock solicitations

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Mon Nov 6 20:17:35 CET 2006

    Vibe> May I ask why you did not use popen3 for the call?  Is there some
    Vibe> reason to avoid it?

Because os.popen works?

    Vibe> You're right 9x is no big market, but if it is as easy as this I
    Vibe> don't see a reason not to support it.  Also unicode is really a
    Vibe> good idea for localized windows systems.

I don't know if SpamBayes is supported on Win9X at all.  It doesn't have
anything to do with this particular edit.  Again, note that I am creating
all the files used by the os.popen call.  None of the characters should be
non-ASCII.  Are you thinking that some user is going to set the TMPDIR, TEMP
or TMP environment variables to some Unicode directory?  That's the only way
I think Unicode could leak in.

Skip