[spambayes-dev] Ocrad vs Tesseract OCR

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Sun Sep 3 14:50:45 CEST 2006

    skip> Alas, the SF link is currently giving an Internal Server Error
    skip> message.  (Jeez, what are the chances???)

Back now.  Downloaded successfully.

    Tony> * The license is a bit vague, unfortunately.

    skip> I suppose we ought to contact the authors, just to be on the safe
    skip> side.

Perhaps it's not necessary.  The README file says:

    This package contains the Tesseract Open Source OCR Engine.
    Orignally developed at Hewlett Packard Laboratories Bristol and
    at Hewlett Packard Co, Greeley Colorado, the majority of the code
    in this distribution is now licensed under the Apache License:

    ** Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
    ** you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
    ** You may obtain a copy of the License at
    ** http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
    ** Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
    ** distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
    ** WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
    ** See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
    ** limitations under the License.

The Apache license is fine for our use, right?

Skip