[spambayes-dev] [Spambayes] removal

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Wed Aug 22 01:02:59 CEST 2007

> Op dinsdag 21-08-2007 om 08:38 uur [tijdzone -0700], schreef cindy
> lucas:
> > please remove me from your list

Would it be possible for you to change the text and send us a patch?
http://spambayes.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/*checkout*/spambayes/trunk/websi
te/faq.txt

> I am subscribed to a lot of mailman mailing lists, and the last few
> days or weeks there was a lot of noise on those lists about people who
> wanted to unsubscribe. Because of some unexplainable reason, people
> don't scroll to the bottom of the listinfo page.
>

> On one list, they changed the mailinglist footer. I would suggest:
>
> SpamBayes at python.org
> Check the FAQ before asking: http://spambayes.sf.net/faq.htm

OK, I've made that change, and I've also changed the message which is sent
to new subscribers to have the last paragraph read:

"""
The spambayes at python.org mailing list formed in September 2002 to support
development of the SpamBayes spam filtering system as an outgrowth of
earlier threads on the Python developers' mailing list.  You can subscribe
and unsubscribe to the SpamBayes mailing list using the form at
"""

I added the words "and unsubscribe" there.  Let me know if I screwed
something up...

Cheers,

Mark