[spambayes-dev] [Spambayes] date for new release to handle image spam?

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Mon Feb 5 05:01:15 CET 2007

    Mark> In the message below (which I sent to spambayes instead of -dev),
    Mark> I mentioned I got much better results with gocr than ocrad.  I've
    Mark> uploaded my patch at
    Mark> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1652111&group_id=61
    Mark> 702&atid=498105, and I've assigned it to skip for a quick scan.

    Mark> There are some bits of the outlook patch mixed in there too, but
    Mark> that shouldn't distract from the rest of the patch.  I'd obviously
    Mark> welcome all testing of this and am happy to check it in.

Mark,

I made some changes today as well (not yet checked in) in an attempt to
improve the ability of ocrad to extract text from images.  It really
requires the text be dark and the background be light in order to "see"
anything.  I believe a perfectly formatted image where the text is white on
a black background results in no output by ocrad.  I created a patch to try
and remedy that:

  http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1652120&group_id=61702&atid=498105

I need to get to bed, but I'll try to look at your gocr patch Monday or
Tuesday.

Skip