[spambayes-dev] Tesseract OCR

Florent Rougon f.rougon at free.fr
Mon Feb 19 14:23:42 CET 2007

Hi,

I just discovered the existence of Tesseract OCR, whose homepage[1] says:

  A commercial quality OCR engine originally developed at HP between
  1985 and 1995. In 1995, this engine was among the top 3 evaluated by
  UNLV. It was open-sourced by HP and UNLV in 2005.

I thought some of you (Skip, Mark) might be interested if you hadn't
heard about this software yet.

According to the Debian package page[2], Tesseract OCR is command-line
driven, which sounds good for you. And according to the Debian copyright
file, the software is released under the Apache License, version 2.0.

That's it, end of advertisement. Thanks for the great spam filter that
saved my life, and keep up the good work! :)

Regards,

  [1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/tesseract-ocr

  [2] http://packages.debian.org/unstable/graphics/tesseract-ocr

--