[spambayes-dev] Help: bsddb._db.DBAccessError: (13, 'Permission denied -- put: attempt to modify a read-only tree') in<bound method HammieFilter.close ...

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Fri Jul 27 02:46:02 CEST 2007

> This bug appears to be back in some form:
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=13876
> 99&group_id=61702&atid=498103

Its hard to know if that fix was applied, as there is no attachement with
the patch.  Hopefully Tony will notice this thread and pipe up.

> I was unable to reopen the tracker item.  Can someone help me to at
> least debug this problem?  When exceptions are swallowed like that
> without a backtrace, I don't know where to start.

I'm guessing the vanishing backtrace is due to it being called by __del__.
It *looks* like it might be __del__ in sb_filter.py.  However, it looks a
little like your exception is slightly different than the backtrace in that
bug - the bug refers to an error adding tokens to the DB after training,
while your exception sounds more like an exception as the DB is closed.

I wish I could be more help...

Mark