[spambayes-dev] utilities/cleanarch.py is GPL'd - do we care?

Richie Hindle richie at entrian.com
Mon Sep 17 18:08:57 CEST 2007

[Skip]
> I know in the past the PSF has generally not liked to see any GPL files in
> the Python distribution (license pollution?).  Does anyone use this tool?
> Can/should we get rid of it?  I see contrib/spambayes.el is GPL'd as well.

I don't personally have any problem shipping a package with mixed licenses,
but then I'm not the author of the GPL'd code, nor a lawyer.  The only
problem I could see would be if we claimed anywhere (the website, the
installer, the readme) that "Spambayes is licensed under the PSF license" or
similar - that ought to change to cover all the licenses of all the code
(which makes you see where the PSF is coming from - and they *have* lawyers.
8-)

--
Richie Hindle
richie at entrian.com