[spambayes-dev] [Spambayes] FW: =Spambayes= PLEASE REPLY TO THIS EMAIL _ IT I S VERYIMPORTANT

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Mon Jun 30 15:09:04 CEST 2008

> The application that needs to be changed is not SpamBayes but
> rather the page where I fill in my email address in order to
> join the mailing list. On that page it has one simple sentence
> to let the user know that what they are going to do will
> disseminate information to the entire internet irretrievably.
> It is IMHO just not enough.

So let me get this straight:  You posted to the spambayes mailing list, but
it failed to be delivered as you weren't a member of the mailing list.  It
directed you to a mailing list subscription page, where the second line
tells you this is a mailing list that is public to the world.  However,
after all of that, you still didn't know it was a mailing list?  You want a
checkbox on the mailing list subscription page that says, basically, "I
don't know what a mailing list is, and I haven't read a single word of this
page - subscribe me anyway?"

Is there something I'm missing?

Mark