[spambayes-dev] Another FAQ for newbies on Spambayes Pop3Proxy

Peter Liepmann PeterL at hvc.RR.com
Tue Aug 10 23:57:02 CEST 2010

After a WindowsXP reinstall, I still had my database set up, Pop3Proxy
seemed intact, the SpamBayes tray icon was present and appeared to be
working, I could see my OLD mail, but no NEW mail was being processed,
and there were no messages as to why.
I changed my Thunderbird account settings to get mail directly from the
pop-server, then changed back to localhost, did "Get Mail", and NOW I
was requested my POP3 mail password.  Ba-da-bing!  Mail started
arriving.  I don't know how/why SB lost the password, but this worked to
get it back.

Incidentally, I had installed ThunderBayes++ which also just sat there,
(=>removed from Thunderbird) so actually I now have a newer version of
SpamBayes (SpamBayes Proxy Version 1.1b2 (March 6, 2010)) than is
available at SourceForge  (V1.04)!

http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/faq.html
4   Using SpamBayes
<http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/faq.html#using-spambayes>

XP SP2
TB version 2.0.0.9 (20071031)

Also:
broken link on Pop3Proxy page
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/*checkout*/spambayes/spambayes/README.txt?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/plain

(Don't know if this is still being maintained)
=>

An error has been encountered in accessing this page.

1. *Server:* cvs.sourceforge.net
2. *URL path:* /viewcvs.py/*checkout*/spambayes/spambayes/README.txt
3. *Error notes:* NONE
4. *Error type:* 404
5. *Request method:* GET
6. *Request query string:* rev=HEAD&content-type=text/plain
7. *Time:* 2010-08-10 20:56:10 UTC (1281473770)

*Reporting this problem:* The problem you have encountered is with a
project web site hosted by SourceForge.net. This issue should be
reported to the SourceForge.net-hosted project (not to SourceForge.net).

/If this is a severe or recurring/persistent problem,/ please do one of
the following, and provide the error text (numbered 1 through 7, above):

   1. Contact the project via their designated support resources
      <http://sourceforge.net/support/prweb-lookup.php?host=cvs.sourceforge.net&support=1>.

   2. Contact the project administrators of this project via email (see
      the upper right-hand corner of the Project Summary page
      <http://sourceforge.net/support/prweb-lookup.php?host=cvs.sourceforge.net>
      for their usernames) at /user-name/@users.sourceforge.net

If you are a maintainer of this web content, please refer to the Site
Documentation regarding web services
<http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sourceforge/wiki/WikiStart#HostingwithSourceForge.net>
for further assistance.

NOTE: As of 2008-10-23 directory index display has been disabled by
default. This option may be re-enabled by the project by placing a file
with the name ".htaccess" with this line:

Options +Indexes