[spambayes-dev] Option to pass messages through Google Translate?

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Sat Jan 9 16:53:10 CET 2010

Crazy idea for the day...

I wonder if it would make sense to add an option to pass incoming messages
(or just message bodies) through Google Translate before scoring and
training?  This thought occurred to me just now while composing a message to
the moderators of the new pyiran-organizers mailing list.  Most of the
messages are probably written in Persian/Farsi.  I just translated a message
using Google Translate telling it to figure out the input language.  While
the translation has the usual grammatical problems that make us snigger at
its abilities it seems that it would certainly work well as SpamBayes input.

Skip