[Spambayes] don't update if you don't want to retrain

Neale Pickett neale@woozle.org
Sun Dec 1 04:16:20 2002

So then, "Moore, Paul" <Paul.Moore@atosorigin.com> is all like:

> From: Tim Stone - Four Stones Expressions
> > So... does this lay to rest forever the pickle/dbm debate?  Is there any
> > reason left to use a pickle?
>
> Sorry, quite the opposite (IMHO). The patch switches to using shelve,
> which uses anydbm, which (still) uses the buggy BerkeleyDB 1.85 on
> Windows. So Windows users should probably still use pickles.

I've just checked in a new anydbm that has a more appropriate list of
database back-ends to try on the Windows platform.  But it needs someone
with a Windows box to fix the dumb test I put in it:

# XXX: Some windows dude should fix this test
if sys.platform == "windows":
    # dbm on windows is awful.
    _names = ["dbhash", "gdbm", "dumbdbm"]
else:
    _names = ["dbhash", "gdbm", "dbm", "dumbdbm"]

So, if you are a Windows dude and feel up to fixing that test, please do
so, and remove the first comment while you're at it :)

This should eliminate any dbm concerns for Windows folk.

Neale