[Spambayes] don't update if you don't want to retrain

Paul Moore lists@morpheus.demon.co.uk
Sun Dec 1 20:34:43 2002

Neale Pickett <neale@woozle.org> writes:

> I've just checked in a new anydbm that has a more appropriate list of
> database back-ends to try on the Windows platform.  But it needs someone
> with a Windows box to fix the dumb test I put in it:
>
> # XXX: Some windows dude should fix this test
> if sys.platform == "windows":
>     # dbm on windows is awful.
>     _names = ["dbhash", "gdbm", "dumbdbm"]
> else:
>     _names = ["dbhash", "gdbm", "dbm", "dumbdbm"]

I see someone changed "windows" to "win32". But the other problem is
more serious. Windows doesn't *have* gdbm or dbm - the problem lies
with "dbhash" (the Berkeley DB implementation).

So the Windows branch should be

    if sys.platform == "windows":
        # The Berkeley DB implementation on Windows is out of date
        _names = ["gdbm", "dbm", "dumbdbm"]

(or probably just _names = ["dumbdbm"]).

Paul.

--
This signature intentionally left blank