[Spambayes] The database question that would not die

Brad Clements bkc@murkworks.com
Mon Dec 2 15:23:46 2002

On 2 Dec 2002 at 13:47, richie@entrian.com wrote:

> I strongly believe that if no such platform exists, we should drop pickle
> support in favour of using anydbm, and add a check that if the underlying
> database library chosen by anydbm is the Berkeley DB library, it is version
> 2 or better.  On Windows, people can meet this requirement by installing
> pybsddb or Python 2.3.

Sorry I haven't been keeping up with this issue.

I have my own "database format" that I want to use for classifier storage..

Has the classifier interface to "storage" been abstracted yet? I thought that's where
things were headed. But I haven't had a chance to cvs update lately.

Can I "drop-in" my own "database instance" into hammie or the Outlook plugin in a
transparent way?

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
AOL-IM: BKClements