[Spambayes] The database question that would not die

T. Alexander Popiel popiel at wolfskeep.com
Mon Dec 2 17:51:50 2002

In message:  <E18ItBO-0001ez-0U@anchor-post-39.mail.demon.net>
             richie@entrian.com writes:
>[Paul]
>> See dead horse, flog. Repeat as required :-) Sorry.
>
>Tell me about it.  This is proving really difficult.  Am I the only one
>who thinks that having two incompatible database formats sucks?

No, you're not the only one.  I'd be chiming in if I actually had
any time to deal with it.  Unfortunately, my time recently has been
sucked into a different black hole (finally got nightly backups
working properly again).

I'm getting ready to switch from my own home-brew Graham implementation
to hammiefilter for my real live incoming feed.  (Yes, I've been testing
spambayes but not really using it up to this point.)  As I make that
transition, I'll become quite interested in what database format is
used...  I'll also make my procmailrc and support scripts available.

- Alex