[Spambayes] The database question that would not die

Neale Pickett neale at woozle.org
Mon Dec 2 20:19:52 2002

So then, "Brad Clements" <bkc@murkworks.com> is all like:

> Has the classifier interface to "storage" been abstracted yet? I
> thought that's where things were headed. But I haven't had a chance to
> cvs update lately.
>
> Can I "drop-in" my own "database instance" into hammie or the Outlook
> plugin in a transparent way?

If we do end up canning the pickle, I guess we could support this sort
of thing by making everything instantiate a storage.PersistentClassifier
= storage.DBDictClassifier.  Then folks like Brad could write their own
class and set storage.PersistentClassifier equal to that.

Unless your "database instance" is something the rest of us would be
interested in?  You've piqued my interest, Brad, now you gotta tell us
what you're up to ;)

Neale