[Spambayes] New Application of SpamBayesian tech?

Neale Pickett neale at woozle.org
Wed Dec 4 04:34:55 2002

Skip Montanaro <skip@pobox.com> writes:

> Yes.  It also seems to me that web page content filtering proxies (you
> know, keeping your kids or employees from visiting XXX websites) would
> be another good application of the technology.

Not to mention IDS (Intrusion Detection Systems).

IANAS but I have a friend who is, and he's suggested to me a few times
that it would be very interesting and possibly fruitful to apply
Bayesian analysis to network security.  But I think I'm going to have to
pull out the probab/stats book from college before I embark on such a
thing :)