[Spambayes] pop3proxy documentation

François Granger francois.granger at free.fr
Wed Dec 4 09:23:22 2002

on 3/12/02 2:56, Remi Ricard at papaDoc@videotron.ca wrote:

> Since my documentation is not really big I will include it in my email

Nice job.

I suggest that instead of mofifying the Option.py file you instruct the guy
to create the bayescustomize.ini file....

I added instructions for MacOS with Eudora and Entourage....

Please find only the added text below:

<h3>For MacOS 9</h3>
<h4>before anything</h4>
Cube
or a  G4 400, I found it usable but not much. YMMV.
To handle network connection to <em>localhost</em> it is easier to add a
host file. If you don't have one already, create one with any text editor.
It content should be similar to:
<pre>
localhost CNAME fbgmac.intranet.teleprosoft.com
fbgmac.intranet.teleprosoft.com A 127.0.0.1
</pre>
don't
know the right value to use for fbgmac.intranet.teleprosoft.com put
anything looking like this one. It have to be exactly the same for end of
first line and biggining of second line.
to Administrator. Click on "Use a host file" and select this file. Save
your changes.
applet. Just Drag & Drop the pop3proxy.py script onto the BuildApplet
application. You'll get a double clickable pop3proxy application.
<pre>
[pop3proxy]
pop3proxy_servers: pop.videotron.ca:110,mail.ulaval.ca:110
pop3proxy_ports: 110, 6111
</pre>
<h4>Configuring Entourage</h4>
the "Ignore the default POP port" check box and type in 6111.
<h4>Filtering with Entourage</h4>
<pre>
If
    Specific header: X-Spambayes-Classification Contains ham
then
    do nothing
If
    Specific header: X-Spambayes-Classification Contains spam
then
    Move message to folder Spam
If
    Specific header: X-Spambayes-Classification Contains unsure
then
    Move message to folder Unsure
</pre>

<h4>Configuring Eudora</h4>
configure only one port number for POP. But on this server, you can access
more than one account.
the videotron server.
<h4>Filtering with Eudora</h4>
<pre>
Match
    Header: X-Spambayes-Classification contains ham
Action
    do nothing
Match
    Header: X-Spambayes-Classification contains spam
Action
    Transfer To Spam
Match
    Header: X-Spambayes-Classification contains unsure
Action
    Transfer To Unsure
</pre>

Le courrier est un moyen de communication. Les gens devraient
se poser des questions sur les implications politiques des choix (ou non
choix) de leurs outils et technologies. Pour des courriers propres :
<http://marc.herbert.free.fr/mail/> -- <http://minilien.com/?IXZneLoID0>