[Spambayes] Outlook addin: Removing the tray icon

Peter Arnold petera at intrinsica.co.uk
Wed Dec 4 09:47:03 2002

It's always bugged me that Outlook leaves the New Mail icon in the
system tray after a rule or addin has moved or deleted all the newly
arrived e-mail.  I know there's no programmatic interface to remove the
icon but I found some Visual Basic code at
http://www.slipstick.com/dev/code/clearenvicon.htm that does the job.
I've converted the three pages of VB to 5 lines of python (!) and
submitted it as a patch
(http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=648271&grou=
p_i
d=61702&atid=498105).

I'm a bit bamboozled where to put it in the actual addin code so I'm
hoping someone more knowledgeable than me will be able to do that.  I
imagine it should be invoked after scanning all new e-mail in the inbox
and determining that all of it was spam.

Peter Arnold
petera@intrinsica.co.uk