[Spambayes] RE: [Spambayes-checkins] spambayes FileCorpus.py,1.8,1.9Corpus.py,1.5,1.6

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Sat Dec 7 01:41:22 2002

[Me]
> > In the back of my mind, I am pondering if we need a better directory
> > structure - maybe with the core engine in a package, and some of these
> > "wrappers" used only by a few application also into their own?

[Richie]
> Isn't this also YAGNI?  We have a few tens of Python files in the
> project -
> do we really need to split it up?  And if we do, should we be
> doing it with the code this young?

Yeah, I think so :)  We all know young minds are easily manipulated, so
getting the code while it is young is good.

The main directory has 46 or so .py files in it now, which is getting too
many.  There are 3 clear categories:

* Main engine.
* pop3proxy application.
* Test code.

Even just making this split would be a good thing.  If we can factor some
commonly used "application base classes" (ie, the intent of Corpus.py etc),
then these could stay in the main directory (contradicting what I said above
<wink>).  I don't want to go overboard, but I think something could be done.

The longer we leave it, the harder it gets.  I don't have a real strong
opinion, but am bringing this up because I feel it now, not simply because
it offends my sensibilities <wink>

Actually-running-quite-low-on-sensibilities ly,

Mark.