[Spambayes] Re: [Spambayes-checkins] spambayes FileCorpus.py,1.8,1.9Corpus.py,1.5,1.6

T. Alexander Popiel popiel at wolfskeep.com
Sun Dec 8 16:47:36 EST 2002

In message:  <isj6vu8i06gu918dd54492v3hc29m9583o@4ax.com>
             Richie Hindle <richie@entrian.com> writes:

>[Mark]
>> The main directory has 46 or so .py files in it now, which is getting too
>> many.
>
>You're probably right - now that I look at it again, it is getting a bit
>crowded in there.
>
>> There are 3 clear categories:
>>
>> * Main engine.
>> * pop3proxy application.
>> * Test code.
>
>There are also the command-line applications: hammie*.py and mboxtrain.py.
>I think they're in a different category from the "main engine" code.

I agree that the breakup is a good thing, and that hammie* and friends
should be in their own category.

As a python newbie, I wonder if breaking it up will complicate invocation,
though... will the spambayes core stuff have to be placed someplace special
(on a module search path?) to be found by the various front-ends in their
subdirectories?

- Alex