[Spambayes] A grassroots auto whitelist

T. Alexander Popiel popiel at wolfskeep.com
Tue Dec 10 08:34:15 EST 2002

In message:  <BA1B6F5F.1A72A%grobinson@transpose.com>
             Gary Robinson <grobinson@transpose.com> writes:

>Suppose we all started putting some character string like ImNotSpam! in our
>emails. Then spam filters would come to associate them with non-spam, and
>emails with that word in it would have a better chance of getting through.

>But more effectively, instead of basing it on a simple character string like
>ImNotSpam, it could be that we base it on the URL of some antispam resource
>like Paul Graham's http://www.paulgraham.com/antispam.html or the wiki I
>started recently, http://spamland.org. (A URL with such a name can also be a
>registered trademark.)

The largest problem I see with such (other than the fact that I
despise canned text in my emails, hence no .sig) is tha tthe URLs
in question become prime targets for domain-name-grabbing or other
nefarious trickery.

I'm much happier to leave the selection of strong ham clues to
less overt means.

- Alex