[Spambayes] an alternative use of filters

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.billerica.ma.us
Wed Dec 18 16:21:34 EST 2002

I'm working on another antispam project (camram) which converts e-mail from
a receiver pays (traditional with or without filters) to a sender pays
system in which proof of work postage stamps are the go/nogo test.

Unstamped mail that isn't from a white listed address generates a postage to
notice.  Needless to say, that can generate a lot of postage due notices.
In an attempt to reduce the number of postage due notices, I'm interested in
using Spam filters to categorize the mail into three buckets; clearly Spam,
clearly not Spam, and can't tell.  Only the can't tell messages will get
postage due notices.

So, will your filter give me this discrimination capability?

---eric