[Spambayes] Two Stage Plan

Gary Robinson grobinson at transpose.com
Thu Dec 19 09:07:42 EST 2002

> How would you deal with mailing lists? Are they money factories? Are
> they extremely expensive to host?  Or does it cost a tiny $11.50 to send
> an E-mail to the python mailing list? How about mail-news gateways?
> intra-company E-mail? Digests?

That's covered in the article that seems to be the seminal one in the field,
http://www.research.ibm.com/journal/sj/414/forum.pdf. You're right, it IS a
complication -- one I end up regarding as a bit more onerous than the
cost-based objections, which in the end I think can be covered with a very
small annual subscription fee. (Alex, I'm happy to continue discussing it if
you still think the costs add up to another conclusion... I don't KNOW an
answer, I'm just reporting my impression based on the discussion to date.)

Though a complication, this mailing list problem, too, is handleable in the
context of the idea. Actually I have some thinking on it that goes a bit
beyond the article...

Today I'm extremely busy and won't try to cover the mailing list point here
now, although I may say something about it when I have more time. I really
MUST put my time elsewhere for today. But really anyone interested in this
should see the article mentioned above.

<plug>It may be found at http://spamland.org/jsp/Wiki?Ideas and I hope the
community adds more such resources over time.</plug>

--Gary

--
Help your email get through while making life harder for spammers: use
http://wecanstopspam.org in your sig.

Gary Robinson
CEO
Transpose, LLC