[Spambayes] Two Stage Plan

G. Armour Van Horn vanhorn at whidbey.com
Thu Dec 19 11:56:02 EST 2002

And bless their tiny little hearts. I've picked up several billable hours this
month from Outlook users who suddenly aren't allowed to open the PDF files that
have been sent to them. It's not that Microsoft can't find a clue, there are
lots of clues in the Redmond area, but either MS is fundamentally opposed to
using them or can't recognize them.

Microsoft shouldn't be allowed to handle mail at all, based on their record.

Van

Tim Peters wrote:

> MS-watchers should note that adaptive content-based spam filtering has been
> a highlight of the very recent ad campaign (reported to cost $300 million --
> nearly twice Python's ad budget for a whole year <wink>) for MSN 8.  A broad
> patent already covers it, and more are on the way:
>
>     http://tinyurl.com/3o6m
>
> While it's unclear exactly what MS does, they've funded a ton of research on
> "support vector machines" (a bad name for a cool technique); the patent
> linked to above goes into that in some detail.
>
> content-is-as-content-does-ly y'rs  - tim

Sign up now for Quotes of the Day, a handful of quotations
on a theme delivered every morning.
Enlightenment! Daily, for free!
mailto:twisted@whidbey.com?subject=Subscribe_QOTD

For web hosting and maintenance,