[Spambayes] Outlook client - wrongly scored message

Moore, Paul Paul.Moore at atosorigin.com
Fri Dec 20 09:01:30 EST 2002

I just got a definite occurrence of something I've suspected has
happened before. I started Outlook this morning, and the normal
startup ritual occurred - 75 unread messages, the Spambayes addin went
through them scoring and filtering them, and then my rules filed them
all in various folders (I know the rules wizard isn't guaranteed to
work at any particular time in relation to the addin, but it works, so
why worry?)

But at the end, I had a clear spam (Korean characters, as far as I
could tell) in my inbox, scored as 0%. I got the addin to show clues,
and the clues clearly come out as 100% spam. Refiltering the message
scored it as 100%.

I think this has come up before, and the conclusion was that it's some
sort of subtle timing issue, with a score getting somehow attached to
the wrong message. What I'm seeing certainly supports that theory.

Paul.