[Spambayes] Spambayes Training.

Tim Uckun tim at diligence.com
Mon Dec 23 02:10:46 EST 2002

Hello, you want some unsolicited advice?

Considering that your spam filter will always encounter all incoming mail
you could perhaps build in the training to your filter. I imagine a
scenario like this.

I get some spam your filter did not catch. I then forward that email to ..
a) Myself (more on this)
b) DetectedSpam@mydomain.com

If I forward the email to myself I add something to the first line like

--HeySpamBayesThisIsSpam--

If your filter catches this on the first line of an email it then learns
from it.

Similar things can be done with ham.

This way you can even start with a completely blank database and then train
your filter perfectly.

The beauty is that you don't need some special mail client and it makes no
difference whether spambayes is running as a proxy or through procmail.

              Tim Uckun
       Mobile Intelligence Unit.