[Spambayes] Terminology in user documentation: "spam" vs. "junkmail"

Tim@mail.powweb.com Tim@mail.powweb.com
Fri Nov 1 01:34:05 2002

You got it, Mark.  Front ends are where this is really gonna happen, and your point is well taken.  I filter 'FWD:' stuff, even if it's from someone I know,
because it is invariably unwanted.  In my Spambayes database, FWD: will have a spam weight of as close to 1 as possible...  Can I manually configure that
weight?  lol

So we've got two examples of unwanted email that has not really been represented in the current training corpus: unwanted individual mails (e.g. "I love you,
please take me back") and forwards of urban legends, thoughts of the day, funny stories I've heard, and the like.   It'd be interesting to see how the stats fall
out if we were to (somehow) incorporate this kind of email into the current corpus.

Another thought is that my definition of unwanted may certainly differ from your definition, even as it pertains to spam.  Perhaps you really want to see
something from quickinspirations.com  (as unbelievable as that might seem to me... ;) Thus, the only really good terminology here is something like 'unwanted
email'.

- Tim