[Spambayes] x-hammie-disposition in pop3proxy

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Sun Nov 3 07:31:39 2002

[Tim@mail.powweb.com]
> Has there been any thought given to additional classifications,
> beyond ham|unsure|spam?

No; you could get "a score" with 17 decimal digits of precision, about 1 of
which is meangingful,.

> Like, ham|probablyham|unsure|probablyspam|spam, with
> corresponding cutoffs specified in Options?  I don't know if
> that's interesting to anybody at all...
>
> I could see X-Spambayes-Classification: probablyspam being useful
> as a range of mail that should be checked manually...

That's what Unsure is for.  If you don't check Unsure msgs, you'll be sorry.
They split about half-and-half between ham and spam for me, and if the
system *could* have made a better jugmint about them, it would have.

If you do have the score, we've gotten mixed reports here about whether
sorting Unsure msgs by score is helpful.  I find that it is in my email, but
there are many exceptions (ham closer to high end of the Unsure range, and
spam closer to the low end).