[Spambayes] Need some clarification on the training database

Tim@mail.powweb.com Tim@mail.powweb.com
Mon Nov 4 03:51:45 2002

Never mind... I figured it out.  Ok, so I have the pop3proxy looking at the training database that my smtpproxy creates when I send it spam and ham via
redirect, which preserves headers in my mailer.  Unfortunately, it also adds my headers, so I'm training spambayes to recognize mail from myself to myself as
spam or ham, depending on how many of each i send... ;)

But this isn't a good general solution, because most people use mailers that only offer forward, which may strip off many of the original headers.  It would be a
simple thing to make the pop3proxy store incoming mails, but this is kinda silly because then the mail may be being stored in three places: the server, the
mailer, and the pop3proxy.  Another solution might be for the proxy to package up the headers and add them to the mail as an attachment, that the smtpproxy
could recognize...

All that to say "I'll live to fight tomorrow"

- TimS