[Spambayes] counterweight: it really works!

Rob Hooft rob@hooft.net
Mon Nov 4 06:26:21 2002

Hmmm. I trained hammie on my private account yesterday night (already
running about a week at work), and found this in my spam folder this
morning:

======================
Subject: ***  We want to finance/buy your business..Pres. please !
Date: Mon,  4 Nov 2002 03:14:25 +0100 (CET)

Just to remind everyone that this software really works! Its spambayes
score deviates from 1.0 only by about 10**-8, but SA didn't see much.

The setup I had to make for my private account is really quite involved.
My private mail domain arrives on a workstation with ample space, but
without a  pop or imap server and without an adequate backup policy for
storing E-mail (it used to be forwarded by a postfix virtual map). On
the other hand, I read it from an IMAP server that doesn't have python2
installed, nor do I have enough space there for a hammie.db. I ended up
with a .procmailrc on the workstation that ends by forwarding the
non-spam messages to the IMAP server using "sendmail -i"...

Rob

--
Rob W.W. Hooft  ||  rob@hooft.net  ||  http://www.hooft.net/people/rob/