[Spambayes] HTML user interface for spambayes

richie@entrian.com richie@entrian.com
Tue Nov 5 08:44:56 2002

Hi all,

Lots happening in the past couple of days!  To make sure we're not
duplicating effort, I'd like to let people know that I'm partway through
writing an HTML-based user interface for the spambayes database and the
POP3 proxy.

I should commit an initial version in the next couple of days.  At the
moment, it gives you:

 o A 'Word query' form where you can get information from the database
   about a specific word
 o Training by uploading message files to it (one at once at the moment,
   but I'll add support for mbox files)
 o Training by pasting an email into a form
 o The status of the pop3proxy - how many emails classified and so on,
   plus a shutdown button.

I had a look at POPFile, and their HTML user interface lets you
(re)classify recently-proxied messages very easily.  This is a great
idea, and along with Tim's SMTP proxy stuff should make the process of
(re)classification nice and simple.

One question: can we still untrain a message?  The code is still there,
but I have it in my head that some of Gary's ideas prevented untraining
from working, and that was why the CV tests needed to retrain from
scratch for each pass... or am I getting this totally wrong?  I hope I
am, because reclassifying (through the web or through SMTP) will need
to use the untraining stuff.

Also on my list is to commit Tim Stone's SMTP proxy code, possibly after
integrating it with the pop3proxy (but I need to discuss that with you,
Tim, after looking in more detail at the code, hopefully tonight).

--
Richie Hindle
richie@entrian.com