[Spambayes] counterweight: it really works!

Matt Sergeant msergeant@startechgroup.co.uk
Tue Nov 5 10:20:58 2002

Guido van Rossum said the following on 04/11/02 20:29:
>>FWIW SpamAssassin now has a statistical classifier (in 2.50, which isn't
>>officially released yet, but then neither is spambayes [grin]) using the
>>Robinson algorithm. I'm hoping to get the chi-squared algorithm in there
>>too, but /I had some trouble with it producing wierd results for me (I
>>tried to post something to this list about it but it vanished into the
>>ether, so I'll try again shortly).
>

> Cool!  What do you do for training of your Robinson classifier?

At the moment it's manually trained (same was as spambayes), but we're
looking into auto-training - feeding back current SA results into the
corpus. That's a double edged sword of course, but it'll be interesting
research.

Matt.