[Spambayes] I thought bogus message structure problem was solved...

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Tue Nov 5 19:32:04 2002

[Skip Montanaro]
> I just saw a message with no hammie header.  Looking at my
> procmail log file I saw this traceback info:
>      File "/Users/skip/local/bin/hammie.py", line 269, in filter
> 	msg = email.message_from_string(msg)

How about refactoring the code?  tokenizer.Tokenizer.get_message()
wrestles with all known problem getting an email object out of a
string, and all code should use it.

> However, it seems like we ought to be able to come up with a
> better fallback action than returning an empty string when
> classifying messages.
>
> Is there a way to simply treat the entire body as plain text even
> though the Content-Type header says otherwise?

See the method referenced above.

An embedded message was scrubbed...