[Spambayes] Upgrade problem

Just van Rossum just@letterror.com
Wed Nov 6 19:55:28 2002

Hi there,

First off: I started playing with spambayes last sunday, and it's been a blast
so far. I'm using pop3proxy.py, love the brand new web interface.

However, I did a cvs up today, and unpickling the database stopped working, as
classifier.Bayes became a classic class. After some twiddling I managed to
repair it, but now I get AssertionErrors during training:

  [python:~/code/spambayes] just% ./hammie.py -g mymail/good.mbox.fix
  Training ham (mymail/good.mbox.fix):
       4
  Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "./hammie.py", line 483, in ?
      main()
    File "./hammie.py", line 460, in main
      h.update_probabilities()
    File "./hammie.py", line 336, in update_probabilities
      self.bayes.update_probabilities()
    File "classifier.py", line 327, in update_probabilities
      assert hamcount <= nham
  AssertionError

Is my db screwed or is it repairable?

Just