[Spambayes] Upgrade problem

T. Alexander Popiel popiel@wolfskeep.com
Thu Nov 7 15:01:13 2002

In message:  <200211071434.gA7EYjZ28924@indus.ins.cwi.nl>
             Sjoerd Mullender <sjoerd@acm.org> writes:

>The problem with training is that the update_probabilities() method
>which is called at the end goes through the whole database and updates
>just about every word.  So the whole database is touched and needs to
>be written to disk.

Why don't we just store the counts, and only compute the probabilities
when we need to reference them?  Yes, it is more efficient for bulk
testing to only compute the probabilities once, but it's definitely
a lose for incremental training.

Unless there's good arguments against, I'll make a patch for this
in the next day or two.

- Alex