[Spambayes] SMTP proxy questions

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Fri Nov 8 04:50:42 2002

[Richie Hindle]
> The most difficult problem for retraining-by-forwarding is matching the
> forwarded message to one from the cache, after Outlook Express
> has stripped the headers, top-quoted the users .sig, converted it
> to HTML and added fifteen macro viruses.  Any ideas?

If user can be convinced to forward as an *attachment*, those problems go
away, at least in OE.  You can create a new msg there, select any number of
msgs, drag them to the msg as a group, and OE will create an attachment for
each one.  Unlike Outlook, OE appears to save the original stuff that came
in over the wire (we're finding it's a real hoot in the OL client to try to
guess what the original MIME structure may have been).

> Can the tokeniser help?

If you put in a token unique to each msg, sure <wink>.  Perhaps the "loose
checksum" program Skip checked in could be useful for this.