[Spambayes] Re: Outlook plugin plus Exchange

Tim Stone - Four Stones Expressions tim@fourstonesExpressions.com
Mon Nov 11 22:35:29 2002

11/11/2002 4:28:01 PM, David Bolen <db3l@fitlinxx.com> wrote:

>Paul Moore <lists@morpheus.demon.co.uk> writes:
>
>> That sounds like the best option. I haven't had a chance to check
>> Exchange yet, but with an IMAP store there are no "New mail" events
>> triggered when I start Outlook with new mail in the IMAP inbox. I'd
>> expect Exchange to be the same.  (...)
>
>I'm based on an Exchange server, and yes, the behavior is the same -
>no events fire.  I think Mark's in-progress approach of scanning for
>unread and unscanned messages on startup is reasonable.  I'm not quite
>sure how the Outlook processes client rules on startup, but it does
>have the "feeling" that it simply starts an execution of the rules
>against Inbox, so the spambayes addin would just be following along.

The whole problem I see with this is that $0pht could and most likely will
screw all these machinations up with the next release of Outlook or
Exchange... They have this great history of not caring if their api changes,
or system behavior changes, are backward compatible.  If we're having this
level of difficulty now, get ready...  :(

- TimS