[Spambayes] Re: Outlook plugin plus Exchange

Moore, Paul Paul.Moore@atosorigin.com
Tue Nov 12 09:39:27 2002

From: Tim Stone - Four Stones Expressions
> The whole problem I see with this is that $0pht could and most
> likely will screw all these machinations up with the next release of
> Outlook or Exchange... They have this great history of not caring
> if their api changes, or system behavior changes, are backward
> compatible. If we're having this level of difficulty now, get
> ready... :(

But if we stick to a pretty trivial "On startup" hook which scans all
new mail, along with a "New mail arrived" hook which filters mail as
it arrives, then (1) we're covered, and (2) we aren't doing anything
sufficiently complex that it's *likely* to get broken. (Not that MS
can't break anything - Outlook.NET probably won't even have a COM
addin interface...)

Paul.