[Spambayes] updating email package

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@alum.mit.edu
Thu Nov 14 16:56:59 2002

It would be *much* better to remove the email the package from
spambayes and let users install a copy of whatever version they want
in their python site-packages.  I am using CVS python to run my spam
filter, and I have to manually delete the email package every time I
do a CVS update.

(Well, technically, I deleted it once and replaced it with an empty
directory named email.  So I get a bunch of complaints every time I do
a CVS update about the directory being in the way.)

I can't think of any good reason to include an email package with
spambayes.  It only leads to complexity for people who have a version
of email installed on their pythonpath.

Jeremy