[Spambayes] Mail with problem

Tim Stone - Four Stones Expressions tim@fourstonesExpressions.com
Thu Nov 14 19:48:36 2002

Depending on what kind of regex engine python has (NFA or DFA) and on how the
html parsing regex is implemented relative to its engine, it can take an
enormous amount of memory.  For example, with an NFA and a regex that uses
alternation in certain ways, the stack can grow exponentially.

We may want to take a hard look at tokenizer's html parsing regex.  I looked
at it briefly yesterday, but didn't pay much attention.

Tim, do you know if the python regex is NFA or DFA?  If it's NFA, is there a
DFA engine we can plug in?

- TimS