[Spambayes] Re: Another software in the field

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
Fri Nov 15 11:44:41 2002

Matt Sergeant <msergeant@startechgroup.co.uk> writes:

> >>How close are "we" to an alpha (or even beta ;-) release? I think spambayes
> >>could get some great publicity, but we need to be quick. The topic is very
> >>hot.
> >

> > One thing that suprises me is that there's a seemingly endless list of
> > projects all implementing Graham's approach exactly as he originally
> > described it - almost no-one else is doing the basic testing and
> > research that this sort of approach would seem to cry out for.
>
> Why would anyone else want to, when you guys are doing such an amazing
> job of it? ;-)

But isn't that the point?  The people are implementing Graham's
original algorithm, not the soupa-doupa wizzy one that lives in
spambayes...

Cheers,
M.

--
  I don't remember any dirty green trousers.
                                             -- Ian Jackson, ucam.chat