[Spambayes] Another software in the field

Neale Pickett neale@woozle.org
Fri Nov 15 16:25:08 2002

So then, François Granger <francois.granger@free.fr> is all like:

> Disovered today:
>
> http://cristal.inria.fr/~xleroy/software.html
> (page in english)

That's SpamOracle.  It's been around a while--it's what I began using
immediately after writing my own pythonic spam filter and immediately
before signing on with the spambayes effort :)

What's cool about SpamOracle (aside from it being written in OCaml) is
that it uses a lexical analyzer to parse up email.  It's really fast!
At least, fast for parsing messages.  The original X-Hammie-Disposition
header was a blatant rip from the header SpamOracle uses, too.

Shameless,

Neale