[Spambayes] [ spambayes-Patches-639310 ] fix for outlook 'spam' field

noreply@sourceforge.net noreply@sourceforge.net
Sat Nov 16 12:32:50 2002

You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=498105&aid=639310&group_id=61702

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
1) firstly it changes the Class of the 'Spam' field to
olPercent, which I believe is much more appropriate than
olCombination. The problem with olCombination is that
you have to manually change the field type in outlook in
order to get anything to show up. With olPercent, the
column shows up with a nice '%' sign which makes it
more obvious what the number actually means.

2) secondly it adds a checkbox 'Update spam scores' to
the training dialog. Checking this box causes the trainer
to update the spam field for ALL messages in your
training folders (in a second pass, if necessary). This
means that ALL messages in your inbox have an entry
in that field, not just those that arrived since you
installed the plugin. This was a huge win for me since it
allowed me to sort by the spam field and throw away
about 20 spams from my inbox that I had missed during
my initial manual pruning.

The only issue here is that in order for this to work right,
you'll have to manually delete your existing spam fields,
restart outlook and then 'rescore'.